Wednesday, September 9, 2009

39 Weeks!

We had our weekly visit to the OB on Tuesday. I saw a different doctor than usual, as mine had to be in surgery. He was very nice, but kept talking to me like I have been his patient for the last nine months! I wanted to keep telling him he has never laid eyes on me before, so he could drop the act that he knew who I was, even though I am sure it his only intentions were to make me feel comfortable. I gained 5 pounds in a week, what is going on!? That took me by surprise, I have not change any eating habits, but needless to say I skipped my nightly treat of ice cream that night out of guilt. Blood pressure was up a little (forgot the exact reading) but nothing to be concerned about, and everything else is a-ok too. I am still 2-3 cm dilated, so no change there either. The only notable change is over the long weekend I have either developed a cold or are suffering from allergies. Since last night I have been coughing up a storm and I must say I am not at all a happy camper. I am lucky that I hardly ever get sick, but the timing right now just could not be worse. I am more than uncomfortable enough that adding this to the mix is making me quite miserable. Well here is to hoping it will clear up soon. Friday when we hit the big 40 week mark, it will also signal my last day of work till December! I am so done with the commute, being at work is not bad, it is just the getting back and forth. I think my co-workers will also feel better when I am home, the great ladies I work with check in on me all day long, and give me this I can't believe you are still here look a lot. A woman from HR that is ~ 35 weeks pregnant, "yelled" at me today to "go home", can't say I was not tempted to do so.


Here is also to hoping that the little guy will soon make his appearance!


39 Weeks

1 comment:

b. said...

You may feel uncomfortable, but you LOOK fabulous! Fingers crossed that the little guy decides to make his appearance VERY soon!