Saturday, July 25, 2009

Baby Shower!

I don't even know where to start with this post, it is hard to say in words how thankful Greg and I are for the extreme generosity we were shown last weekend at the baby shower my Mom put together for us! Our family and friends came from both near and far to celebrate Baby C, and shower us with so many gifts to be ready for his arrival it was overwhelming! We are so blessed to have so many people in our life who care about us and already love and care for our little guy! Our registry was cleared out and we have a very few essentials we need to pick up ourselves in order to be totally ready for Baby C's arrival.

I have a few people I would like to thank publicly. First and foremost my Mom! I offered little help or direction and let her run with all the planning, and she did the most amazing job! It is no small feat to plan a party and host it at your home for 50 people! To my Dad and brothers Andy, AJ, and Tom, for stepping up and helping Mom get everything put together the day of, and for sticking around a huge group of woman all with a smile on your faces charming them all as usual. To my favorite girlfriends Nicole, Sabrina, & Holly who went the extra mile and helped my Mom with food, favors, and decorations! Auntie Moe for helping with all the gifts during the opening of them all. To our friends and family who drove 1-2+ hours each way to be with us: Brooke, Sarah, Elliot, Marci (and Shadow), Melissa, Sabrina, AJ, Brenna, Nikki S., and Nicki P. I would be remiss not to mention it was great to have Auntie Gail and cousin Lily in attendance who were in town for there annual visit all the way from Vancouver Canada.

Here are a few photos from the special day:
Dipper Cake - made by Nicole
Cake! - The puppies match our bedding for the crib.
Shadow gave us this great bib with her photo on it.Uncle AJ picked this bib out for his new nephew

No comments: