Friday, July 3, 2009

30 Weeks Pregnant today!

I can’t believe we only have ~10 more weeks before we get to meet our baby! We continue to do a lot of things around the house to get ready for his arrival, I am so glad we got to work so early on these projects and won’t be stressed and worried about them come late August/early September.

We had a prenatal checkup on Tuesday, our last monthly visit, we go every two weeks now. As usual we were in and out of there in about 20 minutes. Blood pressure was 120/74, nothing bad was detected in my urine, and my weight gain is in the right range. I am up ~17 lbs, right on target to gain about 25-30 lbs overall, which is the average, perfect!

The nursery is coming along, we bought a crib and changing table from friends and they are all set up. The rug is down and came out great! I love those carpet tiles! The only bad news is we have to keep the doors shut all the time to keep the cats out. I found that one of the cats (Trot I think) got into the crib and peed all over the mattress! I don’t think he was acting out or marking, he has a top entry litter box, and I think he thinks that anything box shaped that you can jump into is a litter box! He has been known to pee in empty laundry baskets, cardboard boxes, etc. He has never peed on the floor or on our bed, or even a laundry basket that is full of cloths. So we are trying to decide the best way to teach them to keep out of that crib. Two things I am thinking about are either a crib tent, or a scat mat. Which way to go remains to be seen, they both have pros and cons. Once the nursery is totally decorated and complete I will post before and after shots. Right now it is still to empty to be impressive at all.

Here are the most up-to-date belly shots for your viewing pleasure.

28 Weeks 29 Weeks

30 Weeks

And just because I want to here are some silly photos of the kitties.


Here is Trot liking his new cat carrier - well he will like it until his first trip to the vet inside it.

Here is Maverick doing what he does best, flashing his belly for all to rub.




No comments: