Sunday, August 23, 2009

Baby C.'s Nursery

I know a few of you have not gotten to see how we have set up Baby C.'s Nursery. It is not 100% done, but close enough for me to share with all of you what it looks like now. We just need a few more decor items for the walls, and I got some wood letters that spell out his name that will go over the changing table after he is here (still trying to keep his name a surprise). I am working on some cross-stitch needlework that will go up once it is done, but since it will also have his name, and birthday on it, it won't be ready to be hung up till he arrives either. The glider rocker is also still in the living room since we both love sitting in it so much, so that will also move into his room once he gets here. A lot of work when into transforming this room, and we are so happy with the results! Below I am going to post the evolution of this room since we have moved in, and then two videos, the before (empty room), and after (what is looks like today).

Here we are standing in the kitchen looking at the landing to the 3rd floor (door and stairs leading up are on the left), and you will note there is no door to the guest room/Jill's office, that is why there is a curtain there, so when guest came they could close it for some privacy. It was painted yellow when we moved in.



This is looking in the room from the entryway, the closet is on the left, as is the nice built in book shelf, and my old small desk.



The guest bed is in the only corner of the room that does not have door, etc.



In February 2008 I had enough of the yellow, it was too bright, so I painted the room blue, changed the position of the bed, and got a new and bigger desk. I put an Ikea dresser that was in the attic in the room for storage of craft type things.



Now to see the room cleaned out an empty! I had a lot of stuff in the large closet, it took a lot of work to clean out this room and find a new home for everything. The bed went to my parents house, the rest went up to the now shared office space on the 3rd floor, that also went though a lot of redecorating. I did a post a while back when the new carpet went in, I will have to do a tour of that space as soon at it is finished, which it almost is, just a few more details and it will be wrapped up.


Now finally what you have been waiting for the video tour of the room as it is today! I forgot to point out in my video the great carpet squares we bought, it looks almost like wall to wall carpet, but you can just pick up the 20"x 20" carpet square if something gets spilled on them and bring it right to the sink to clean, then let it dry and use a few new sticker dots to put it back in place! We ordered them from Flor, we picked out "sweet dreams" in carmel.





4 comments:

Marci said...

The nursery looks awesome!!! I love the blue color on the walls and the dark wood of the crib. I like how you gave a shout out to the diaper rash creme i gave you :)

b. said...

YAY! I've been dying to see what his room looks like & you've finally delivered. I'm on stand-by, waiting to get the call that things are a-movin' (okay, I know you're preparing yourself that he'll take his sweet time, but you just never know...).

Oh the Flor tiles? FABULOUS!

Mel said...

Baby C's room looks awesome!!!! Beautiful, simple, perfect. Please remind Greggor to call or text me once you go into labor! I love and miss you guys.

dangerous thomas said...

I love that when you turned around, on cue, Maverick was waiting in his new nap spot. Like a ninja.